Buildings consume 40% of total U.S. energy and 70% of electricity generation at an annual expense of $400 billion. Approximately 30% of this energy is wasted. We will survey sustainable and energy efficient technologies, processes, and trends for lighting, heating, and cooling residential, commercial and institutional buildings – in existing and new built environments. We also explore business models enabling building owners and power utilities to cooperatively curtail electric loads.
- Energy efficiency value chain and ecosystem
- Buildings as systems
- Energy efficiency drivers and opportunities for commercial building markets
- The residential market for energy efficiency
- Home energy management
- Next generation lighting and HVAC solutions
- Green buildings and integrated design